Business cards may seem old fashioned, but I find them to be an essential part of my promotional materials. Business cards are a concise way to present your information, make great leave-behinds, and can be easily shared by you, your clients, friends, and family. A good business card is a great way to get your information into the hands of potential clients.
Here are 5 (mostly) essential elements of a good business card:
01. Your name – This probably seems obvious, but I have seen my fair share of cards that have generic information and no point person to contact. Having your name makes your card more personal and recipients often find having a specific point of contact beneficial. This will generally be the focal point of the card.
02. The name of your company and logo – Having the name of your company and its logo is another obvious business card essential. Your company logo is one of the visual markers for your brand and you want your current and potential customers to be familiar with it.
03. Your contact information – this could be your address (if your business has a physical address), your phone number, and your email address. You want people to have multiple ways to reach out to you if they need your product or service.
04. Your website – Websites today help legitimize a business. Your customers can go online and learn more about your company and its values, and feel reassured that you’re a serious, reputable company.
05. Your title – Okay, you don’t have to have a title, but this is another element that can help legitimize your business. Also, if you are a solopreneur or have a small operation, including a title can give the appearance of a larger organization.
Some other elements you may consider including are your company’s tagline, a list of core services, key brand graphics, or a short description of your business. Personally, I like to keep my business cards simple, but you may find that you have a need for more information. You should pick the most important elements that need to be communicated to others for your business card design.
Business cards are a great tool for getting your name out there and appearing professional, plus they are inexpensive! What do you think? Do you find a good business card is an essential marketing tool for your business?